Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Cry for Help

I've been away fundraising and vacationing, and I've missed you.  I've written in my absence and yet, still didn't find the time to pull pics and post until now.  I promise we'll catch up.  Here's a little something I wrote back on May 18, 2013.  You can see this blog isn't the only thing I've been neglecting...poor Tiny.

May 18, 2013...

I think this is what they call "A Cry for Help."  My Tiny is desperate for my attention, and she is expressing this desperation through her insane fashion choices.

I would never nominate myself for mom of the year but usually, if I'm being honest, I think I'm pretty good.  This week, however, I have been less than attentive to my dear, sweet Tiny because I am immersed in the wild world of fundraising, doing my part to help pull off another ragingly successful event for Charlies Kids Foundation.  (If you don't know Charlie's story and the awesome work we are doing at CKF, shame on you, go to the website immediately and soak up as much information as you can on safe sleep.  This is a subject I am insanely passionate about and you should be too. www.charlieskids.org).

So...with the Golf Outing just days away, I don't have a ton of time to post but wanted to give you a glimpse of Tiny's dissatisfaction with mommy's busy schedule.

I should note that in the morning when Tiny is getting dressed, I normally pull options (Rachel Zoe style) and she has to pick from several choices.  This week, she has done the picking all by herself.  I think it shows.  At best she looks like an angry teen full of angst and drama, at worst a homeless person who has just raided a Claire's boutique.

Sit back, relax and enjoy one week of the Tiny Fashionista left entirely to her own devices...over accessorized (sometimes under/over-clothed) and loving every minute of her mama's guilt, as she looks at me with "you did this to me" stares.


Matching-ish.  But demands no pants.

Noticing a theme?

Couldn't get her to wear these boots all winter and spring.
Now she won't take them off.

Chocolate is an accessory, right?  

No such thing as too many accessories or
too many snacks.

Bag Lady?  Nope.  That's my kid.







No comments:

Post a Comment